Tenant Insurance  

Tenant Insurance in Surrey, BC


Why should you consider tenant insurance in Surrey, BC? Did you know that your landlord's insurance for the building does not protect YOU as a renter/tenant against loss of or damage to your belongings by accidental fire, theft or other damage or loss? A Tenant insurance policy can provide the knowledge that you will have the means to replace your valuables as a tenant in the case of disaster.

We offer quality products from major insurers to protect tenants. Tenant policies include coverage for your personal contents, loss of use and personal liability. We can apply various discounts to save money for eligible customers including Alarm, Claims Free, Loyal Customer, Mature Age, and Sprinkler discounts. We also offer convenient payment options including monthly payment plans.


Tenant insurance is a very affordable way to have a “Plan B” in case of such scenarios, or a fire, overflowing bathtubs, theft, etc. A typical tenant insurance policy covers you for:

  • Your personal property, from your TV, Ipads, cash, and jewelry right down to toilet paper and toenail clippers. Different insurance companies have varying limits on these coverages so be sure when you are shopping for tenants insurance you ask your broker about any limits that may be worth noting.
  • Additional Living Expenses in the event that a covered claim displaces you from your unit. If you have to stay at a hotel or rent temporary accommodation, the insurance company will pay for those reasonable expenses.
  • Liability in the event you unintentionally cause some damage to the unit or injury to another person.


Learn more about your tenant insurance options. Call one of our offices in Surrey to find out how we can help you with your tenant insurance needs! For a free tenant insurance quote, please call us at one of our locations or fill out the quote form. We can provide tenant insurance from leading insurance companies like Intact Insurance, Wawanesa Insurance, CNS, Optimum West and others.

Tenant Insurance Frequently Asked Questions

How does tenant insurance work in BC?

Tenant insurance works similar to any other type of property insurance. The type of insurance you need depends on whether you’re an owner, tenant or landlord. This helps to make sure you get the right coverage at the right price. When it comes to renting, there are two types of insurance coverage needed. Your landlord has insurance that specifically covers damage to the structure of their property. As the tenant, your landlord’s insurance doesn’t protect your stuff, so you need tenant insurance for that.

Why do I need tenant insurance?

Some landlords or rental contracts may require proof of insurance before you can sign the lease, while others don’t. Even if you’re not required to have tenant insurance in BC, it’s the best way to make sure your stuff is protected. Take a walk through your apartment, think of how much it would cost to replace all your stuff – it adds up, right? With tenant insurance, you’re covered for pretty much everything you own and more.

Who needs tenant insurance?

No matter who you are or where you’re living in British Columbia – if you’re paying rent, you can benefit from having tenant insurance.

How do you get tenant insurance in Surrey, BC?

With Allied Insurance Services, you can get a tenant insurance quote within a few minutes by calling us. All you’ll need is the address of the place you’re renting and the answers to a few simple questions – we do the rest of the work for you!